As evidenced in earlier posts, I like both office supplies and plants. Field Notes apparently read my mind and put together this cute package of three cheerful Field Notes notebooks and a packet of marigold seeds. Perfect for spring!
Here are some things about my weekend, ish.
1. Last Thursday morning I went to a little farmer’s market down at Bowling Green before work. There were only a few stands, but they all had lovely things and it was overall a very refreshing way to start my day. More pictures of this after the jump.
2. I finally finished my spring garland project. My roommate and I put up Christmas decorations right after Thanksgiving and I only just got around to taking down the Christmas garland and replacing it with something else. Close up pictures after the jump.
3. We threw a party Saturday night that included, among other things, this inflatable palm tree.
4. Today was gorgeous and I spent several hours basking in the sun on my roof. Sometimes just looking at Manhattan from my roof on a beautiful, clear, Spring day makes me fall in love with the city all over again.
Hello again. Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. Here are some things I did:
1. I went to Kitchen Arts and Letters with my mom. This amazing little book store carries new, used, rare, and out of print books about cooking, food, and drinking. It’s a wonderfully old-school bookstore and I loved it. Go check it out on Lexington and 95th.
2. While I was at Kitchen Arts and Letters, I go this adorable little book about macarons. I have only tried to make these once with partial success, but now that I have this handbook devoted entirely to the creation and perfection of the macaron, maybe it is time to try again. The book is also available on Amazon.
3. I added two more plants to my collection: an aloe plant because my mother thinks I’ll need it when I burn myself, which I actually did last week making the gooey butter cake, so perhaps she is right; and a pretty little rose bush. Hopefully I won’t kill either of them.
4. I can’t help it; I have to admit that I am an insane Duke basketball fan and we won a national championship last night. So that was a pretty huge part of my weekend.
I can’t help it. I love flowers. They remind me of daffodils from my childhood backyard and Saturday markets in small towns in Italy and extravagant displays at Harrod’s in London. Good thing I have Bornay, a gorgeous flower blog, to tide me over until I am wealthy enough to have a constant stream of fresh flowers decorating my apartment.